Hello, I’m Catherine

Hello everybody!

My name is Catherine Chapman, and I am a first year Environmental Engineering major with a minor in Spanish.  I am from Peachtree City, Georgia which is about thirty five minutes south of Atlanta.  I have a large list of favorite foods, but overall, I must pick Nutella gelato as my personal favorite.  My family travels frequently, and gelato reminds me of fond memories of various trips I’ve taken throughout Europe. I also enjoy making this recipe because it comes from one of my favorite chefs on the Food Network, Giada de Laurentiis.  The act of making it also reminds me of family gatherings where my uncle always tried to make his “famous” ice cream and always comically failed to remember an essential ingredient like sugar.

I really enjoy watching cooking shows and cooking.  Some of my favorite shows are The Barefoot Contessa, Good Eats, and Ace of Cakes.  I am extremely excited for this class, and I hope the semester proves to be very enlightening!

8 Responses to Hello, I’m Catherine

1. I’m a big fan of Nutella, but I really dislike Giada. She seems like a very mean person, and it really comes out when she was a judge in The Next Food Network Star. Just Saying.

2. Although I am slightly perplexed by the name, I too enjoy The Barefoot Contessa. I also enjoy Man vs. Food although I think it’s on the Travel Channel.

3. Man vs. Food is so great! I’m a HUGE fan of the cooking competition shows like Chopped and Cupcake Wars.

4. I love food competition shows.

5. I LOVE BAREFOOT CONTESSA! Ina Garten is my absolute favorite.

6. Nutella is a wonder food. And I love Ace of Cakes and Man vs. Food!

7. I watch Food Network all the time, so I’m very familiar with these shows. I like the competition shows (Chopped Iron Chef) and Ace of Cakes the most.

8. I also love watching Food Network! It seems like you really enjoy cooking, Catherine. The Chocolate-Hazelnut Gelato looks quite delicious. :)